All original photos belong to Melissa Hamersma Sievers, Sieversma Photography. Linked images as reference will be cited.

Prints of many of these images are for sale.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kid Race at Bike-a-Palooza




Kids of all ages gathered at Monk's House of Ale Repute in Sioux Falls for a biking charity event. Money generated from the event went toward the purchase of bicycles for kids who were in need of one. There was an excellent turnout, and I hope that it becomes an annual event. A few bands played and there were cycling events for children and adults.

I hung out to watch the kids run a race through a cone course. They pedaled to the end of the course and then had to weave through the cones in each direction and then race back to the finish line.

That's the event that I have photos for. To my fellow Lanehog bloggers: I tried to get pictures of everyone's kids, I'm sorry if I missed one. I think that I may have. I counted and didn't reach the total of junior bloggers that I was aware of.

Later in the day there were activities for adult enthusiasts. I left before they started, so hopefully I can take that in next year and wait for photos from others who were there. Events included a bicycle jousting competition, a clunker crit, a bicycle toss and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment