All original photos belong to Melissa Hamersma Sievers, Sieversma Photography. Linked images as reference will be cited.

Prints of many of these images are for sale.

Monday, September 5, 2011

I love where we live.

My husband and I are fortunate to live in a special area. We live on the migration path of so many animals.

In the spring its so noisey outside due to the birds quacking as they pass overhead.



Then they come back through the following fall as they abandon us for warmer regions.

I never mind that too much because that means that it is only a few months until the eagles come back in late February. I spend much of the weeks into March going over to scout the birds each morning before work and again at sunset.



Winter, spring and most of summer came and went.

Yesterday I noticed an insect on its migration journey. There were several Monarch butterflies flitting around the yard. Then, I looked out the bathroom window and spotted a tree branch filled with them. I counted around 60 and discovered other trees loaded with the winged creatures throughout the yard. I imagine that they moved down the road this morning.



There are more camping out yet tonight!



I really do love taking in the wildlife and scenery around me. Whether I have the opportunity to photograph a majestic bald eagle on its way to spring fishing grounds, or a monarch passing through... I feel blessed to just take it all in. And I am lucky to be able to share these things with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment