All original photos belong to Melissa Hamersma Sievers, Sieversma Photography. Linked images as reference will be cited.

Prints of many of these images are for sale.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Playing with Flashlights

Here is the result from my work on this weeks self imposed photography assignment as part of the Camera Clickin' Cyclist group on Facebook. Our task: Home. No other parameters. I thought that I'd like to try actually drawing in a photograph instead of just writing. I thought that it might be an alright way to put a spin on the 'American Gothic' idea.

This morning I got up and had a bit of time before it became light out, so I made a few attempts at an image.


Well, I wanted to try the same image - but at night. I got a spotlight and I wanted to try to illuminate the house myself. So, I used the same timing from the morning for the interior lights, turned them off after the appropriate amount of time. I did the drawing and then I went around the house to light the structure and the visible trees.

This photo is what was taken inside of the camera. In the interest of full disclosure, I did tweak what's supposed to be a heart. I copied a portion of the photograph before this one to make the segment look more heart like.

The heart is still a bit wonky, but it'll do. I was working with a freaking laser pointer. :D Laser beams are fine to attach to the heads of killer sharks so that ... Read Moreevery creature can have a hot meal (says Dr. Evil), but they're not super useful drawing tools.

I'm pleased. Is that okay to admit? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment